Allen Brown Heating & Cooling installs, services, repairs and maintains residential and light commercial heating and cooling systems and equipment for both gas and electric units. We service and install all makes, brands, and models, but recommend American Standard for the quality and service we have experienced with the brand. We also have been listed as one of American Standard’s Top Ten Dealers. Give us a call, our factory trained technicians are ready to help.
See how American Standard ranks with Consumer Reports:
- Certified by the ESCO Institute Certification and Training Program
- Member of Alabama Board of Heating and Air Conditioning Contractors
- Member of Limestone County Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Alabama Home Builders Association
- A+ by the Better Business Bureau
- EPA Approved
We provide services to keep your system running smooth throughout the year, preventing emergencies from happening. For your heating and cooling system to function efficiently and dependably, we recommend a yearly inspection and service schedule. For gas systems, we recommend inspections twice a year. We will be able find any issues before they can become a problem.
We will perform regular maintenance such as:
- Inspect the unit for proper refrigeration and adjust
- Clean dirt and debris from the cabinet
- Inspect the base pan and clear drains
- Inspect the coil and clean as needed
- Inspect the fan motor and blades for wear and damage and lubricate if needed
- Inspect the control box, wiring and connections for wear or damage
- Inspect the compressor and associated tubing for damage
- Inspect and clean blower assembly
- Lubricate motor and check fan belt (older units)
- Clean combustion blower housing
- Inspect evaporator coil, drain pan and condensate drain lines and clean if needed.
- Inspect for gas leaks in gas furnaces
- Inspect and clean burner assembly
- Inspect ignition system and safety controls
- Inspect heat exchanger or heating elements
- Inspect flue system for connections or signs of corrosion
- Clean or replace air filters
Good maintenance will prolong the life of the HVAC system and keep it operating at the most efficient level possible. Keeping the units and filters clean helps remove allergens, odors, mold and dust, so your indoor air quality stays high.
Call us. Let us be your partner in making your home comfortable and safe.